- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this chowder in a bread bowl on a cold day to warm you all over.
- 2 pounds fish fillets
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1, 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- Cut fish into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute bacon or salt pork and onion in a skillet until meat is cooked and onion is golden brown.
- Drain and put into Crock Pot with the fish.
- Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 - 9 hours.
- Add evaporated milk during last hour.