- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This delicious scotch-based cocktail was developed by mixologist extraordinaire Jeff Morgenthaler, head bartender at the Clyde Common in Portland Oregon.
- 2 ounces scotch
- 3/4 ounce Pedro Ximenez
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1 large strip orange zest plus 1 to garnish
- Rub the entire inside of a cocktail glass with the outside of the orange zest strip, squeezing gently to release its natural oils.
- Pour the scotch, Pedro Ximenez and orange bitters into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Slowly stir the mixture for about 30 seconds and then strain into the prepared glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish the cocktail with the orange zest and serve immediately.