- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
Scallops and Asparagus in Cream sounds fancy but it's quick and easy to prepare on a weeknight.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound asparagus, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 pound fresh or frozen (thawed) sea scallops
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup half and half
- In 12 inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, cook asparagus, mushrooms, onion and garlic until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard garlic; remove vegetables to medium bowl; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook scallops, wine, salt and pepper, stirring frequently, until scallops are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in half and half and vegetables; heat through.