- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 8
Scalloped Beef and Potatoes is a beefed up classic.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1, 20 ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- paprika for garnish
- In 12 inch skillet over high heat, brown ground beef with onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove skillet from heat; stir in beans; set aside.
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; stir in flour and 3/4 teaspoon salt until blended; cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In 2 1/2 quart casserole, arrange one-third potato slices; top with one-third sauce, then one-half ground beef mixture. Repeat layering, ending with sauce. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake casserole 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until potato slices are tender.