- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This vegetarian dish is an Eastern European classic. Garnish with a sprinkle of poppy seeds to add to the texture and presentation.
- 2 pounds Savoy cabbage, cored
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cut the Savoy cabbage into 2-inch pieces.
- Place the butter into a large sauté pan over medium heat to melt, and then add the onion and garlic and a few pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cabbage and the water, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the egg noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Serve the noodles topped with the cabbage mixture and garnished with the poppy seeds.