- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this savory stewed beef with a salad and french bread for a complete meal.
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1 can condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 small can mushrooms, drained
- 2 lbs. eye of round
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup wine, red or blush
- Put broth and soup in a crockpot.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and potatoes.
- Turn crockpot on LOW while browning beef.
- Cut beef in 1/2-inch cubes.
- Combine flour, seasoning, salt, and pepper in a food storage bag.
- Place beef in bag and toss thoroughly to coat well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef, brown stirring frequently, for 10 to 20 minutes or until beef is browned on all sides. Transfer beef to crockpot.
- Add 1/2 cup red or blush wine to the hot skillet.
- Put back over medium heat and simmer, stirring to loosen browned bits, until wine is reduced to a few tablespoons.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours.