- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 55 min
- Serving: 4
Savory Pork and Sauerkraut are a perfect combination to be served over noodles or mashed potatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups canned sauerkraut, drained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven. Cook onions until transparent. Remove onions and set aside.
- Add meat and brown on all sides. Add paprika, salt, caraway seeds, water, sauerkraut and sugar; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until tender, adding water if necessary.
- Fold in sour cream and serve over potatoes or noodles.