- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4
Brought to you from the Rival website.
- 1Â½ - 2 lbs. beef round steak, about Â½-inch thick
- Â¼ c. flour
- Â½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 lg. green or red peppers, seeded and cut into Â½-inch strips
- 1 sm. clove garlic, minced
- 1 can whole tomatoes (16 oz.)
- 1 tbsp. beef flavor base (paste or granules)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups fluffy rice
- Cut steak into strips.
- Combine Â¼ cup flour, the salt and pepper; toss with steak strips to coat thoroughly.
- Add to Crock-Pot with onion, garlic and half of green pepper strips; stir.
- Combine tomatoes with beef base, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into Crock-Pot, moistening meat well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- One hour before serving, turn on High and stir in remaining green pepper strips.
- If thickened gravy is desired, make a smooth paste of 3 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons water; stir into Crock-pot.
- Cover and cook until thickened.
- Serve gravy with Pepper Steak over hot fluffy rice.