- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4
Use your favorite fish in Savory Fish Fillets.
- 1 large onion, cut in halves, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12 large black olives, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 pound peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 12 ounces white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces white wine for cooking fish
- parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, saute onions, olives, capers, thyme and bay leaves in 1 tablespoons olive oil; then add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper. Stir well and cover; cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- When sauce is ready, place 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet with 6 ounces white wine and fish fillets. Pour sauce over fish and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley.