- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this Cauliflower Quiche for a fancy brunch or unique appetizer. This will become a sure favorite for your friends and family.
- 2 1/2 cups grated raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Butter a 9 inch pie pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a colander and let drain for 15 minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 egg and 1/2 cup onion. Press mixture into bottom and sides of pie pan. Bake 30 minutes.
- Brush crust with 1 teaspoon olive oil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet heat remaining oil over medium heat and add the chopped red pepper, garlic and onion. Cook until onion softens--about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add cauliflower, thyme, basil and remaining salt. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine milk and remaining eggs.
- To assemble quiche: Sprinkle crust with 1/2 of the cheese; top with the cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese. Then pour the milk/egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.