- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Serve these delicious savory broiled oysters as an impressive appetizer at a cocktail party or as a starter for an intimate dinner for two. Ideal paired with a chilled bottle of Chardonnay.
- About 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 4 fresh oysters on the half shell
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the oven broiler, and place the oven rack in the upper third portion of the oven.
- Pour the salt into one thick layer on a baking sheet and then place the oysters in the salt so they are covered on both sides.
- Place the wine, cilantro, cheese, sugar, soy, and pepper in a bowl and stir well to combine. Evenly spoon the mixture over the prepared oyster halves and then place the oysters in the oven for 5 minutes; serve immediately.