- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 12 mini bread puddings
Don't let unexpected guests or late planning spoil your holidays. Here is one of Sandra Lee's last-minute tips and recipes for a delicious meal.
- 8-ounces Johnsonville sweet Italian sausage
- 1 package, 8-ounces, sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Wesson canola oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled crushed garlic
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf country-style bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage until browned, breaking up lumps; remove sausage from skillet. Add mushrooms, oil, and garlic to skillet; cook and stir until mushrooms are lightly browned; remove from heat and stir in sausage. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; add cubed bread and sausage mixture to egg mixture; press bread with back of a large spoon to submerge into milk mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until bread absorbs milk mixture.
- Ladle bread pudding mixture into prepared muffin cups and place in a large rimmed baking pan. Carefully pour hot water into the baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bread pudding puffs. Serve warm.