- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This applesauce, with hints of ginger, clove and savory is ideal when served with roasted pork loin or vegetables and potatoes.
- 10 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 (1-inch) pieces fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh savory
- Combine the apples, sugar, lemon juice, ginger, cloves along with once cup of water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Apples will become extremely soft.
- Turn off heat and smooth mixture by mixing with a handheld mixer. Drop in savory and set applesauce aside to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the savory from the applesauce and serve.