- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Tender strips of seasoned chicken are sautéed in olive oil and then placed on a bed of curly lettuce with wedges of fresh pineapple and jicama. Serve with a glass of Condrieu or an Alsace Pinot Gris.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, slices into strips
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head curly lettuce, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 cup peeled jicama cut into thin strips
- 1 pineapple, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Place the lime juice, honey, mayonnaise and tequila into a bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended. Remove 2 tablespoons of the dressing, set aside and then add the lettuce to the bowl; toss to coat and then divide between 4 plates.
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan. Once it begins to shimmer, sprinkle the chicken with the paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and then place in the pan. Sauté the chicken for about 8 minutes until no longer pink, and then transfer to the prepared plates to top the lettuce salad.
- Garnish the chicken with the pineapple wedges, jicama, mint and lemon zest, and then drizzle with the reserved dressing. Serve immediately.