- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4
Entice your guests with the island flavors in Sauteed Caribbean Pork. Serve with brown rice and mixed vegetables for a superb dinner.
- 2, 8 ounce pork tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 1 large mango, peeled in 6--3 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup fresh pureed mango
- Cut 6 strips from mango, remove pit and puree remaining mango. Reserve puree for sauce.
- Butterfly the pork. Make a lengthwise cut down one side of the meat, cutting halfway through. Open as if a book. Make another lenghtwise cut down the center of each cut side, cutting 1/3 through. Press to flatten. Season with pepper.
- Place mango slices down the center of meat. Fold meat in half to enclose filling. Tie pork with string to hold closed. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add pork and saute until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add sherry to pan and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken stock and boil for 2 minutes. Stir in reserved mango puree. Cook until heat through, stirring. Divide sauce between plates, Slice pork and arrange on sauce. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.