- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Everything tastes better with bacon, especially sautéed cabbage. Enjoy the sweet and smoky balance of flavors in this side dish.
- 1 2-1/2-pound cabbage
- 6 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, core and then cut into large pieces.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cabbage, water, sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice; toss to combine then cover and cook for 8 minutes. Serve warm.