- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Sauteed Beef Tenderloin is the most tender and rich cut a beef to add elegance to any dinner.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion (sliced and separated into rings
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 jar whole mushrooms drained (4 1/2 ounces)
- Slice tenderloin into 8 slices
- Cook meat in butter over medium heat until center is medium rare
- Removed beef to warm platter and add salt and pepper
- Stir onion and garlic in same skillet and cook until onion is tender-crisp. This should take 3-4 minutes. Stir in wine and mushrooms and cook until hot. Pour onion mixture over beef.