- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Radicchio is a leaf chicory with a bitter and spicy taste that becomes considerably milder when grilled or roasted. Enjoy it sautéed with watercress and drizzled with sweet balsamic vinegar in this simple side dish.
- 1 (4-to 6-ounce) bunch watercress, cut into 1-inch peices
- 1 (6-ounce) head radicchio, cored slices into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the radicchio and sauté for 3 minutes, and then stir in the watercress and balsamic vinegar and sauté for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add a few sprinkles of salt and fresh pepper and serve immediately.