- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Seasoned shrimp is sautéed in hot olive oil and then tossed with a flavorful salad made with grapefruit, cabbage and ginger.
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (2-inch) piece of ginger
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 canned sardines, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green chili, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and whole pith removed and segments sliced from membranes, juice reserved
- 12 pieces cleaned large shrimp
- salt and fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the peanuts and the ginger in a large sauté pan over high heat. Sauté the mixture, stirring frequently, for 40 seconds and then stir in the lime juice, sardines, garlic, chilies, soy sauce, peanut oil, and sesame oil. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then transfer to a bowl.
- Place the shredded cabbage into the same bowl with the peanut mixture and toss well to coat.
- Put the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and then place into the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes on each side and then add the scallions and sesame seeds.
- Transfer the shrimp mixture to the bowl with the cabbage mixture, along with the grapefruit segments and juice. Gently toss to combine and then serve.