- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
High in protein, low in fat and carbs and great on taste, this sautéed greens and spring onion omelet is a wonderfully light and elegant breakfast dish.
- 1 cup mixed greens, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare the oven broiler.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the greens and sauté for about 3 minutes until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the egg whites into a large bowl and whisk vigorously until soft peaks form. Carefully fold in the egg yolks, the sautéed greens and the spring onions, and then sprinkle the mixture with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place the olive oil into a large, oven-safe frying pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the egg mixture and cook until the egg just sets. Transfer the pan to the oven and place under the broiler to brown the top. Serve immediately.