- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Sautéing the garlic in butter gives it a slightly sweet and mellow flavor; the perfect base for this creamy soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the butter into a sauce pan over medium heat and stir in the garlic to coat. Cook the garlic until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté until soft then add the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and the stock and then bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Using a stick blender, purée the mixture until smooth and then season to taste with salt and pepper; serve immediately.