- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
An elegant side dish of spinach accented by flavors of toasted pine nuts and sweet golden raisins. Top with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the raisins, pine nuts and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, and then add in the spinach and cook for 2 additional minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Take the pan off the heat and add in the vinegar and the salt. Mix to combine and then evenly divide the spinach mixture between 4 plates. Top with the Parmesan cheese and a few grinds of fresh pepper and serve immediately.