- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Sautéing the fish keeps it light and delicious. Enjoy these tacos topped with a drizzle of spicy-hot Chipotle mayo.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle Tabasco
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil v
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into 3- by 1-inch wide strips
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, place the mayonnaise, yogurt, chipotle Tabasco, and 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk together to combine then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice with 2 tablespoons of oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Add the lettuce, avocado, carrot, onion and toss to combine.
- Place the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, sprinkle the fish with salt on both sides and then place in the skillet to cook for 4 minutes, turning once.
- Fill the tortillas with the cod and then top with the lettuce mixture and a drizzle of the chipotle mayo. Serve immediately.