- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
A perfect weeknight dinner the entire family will enjoy, serve up this hearty and colorful Italian sausage, bell pepper, tomato and cheese pasta dish with a fresh, green side salad or steamed green beans.
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pepper
- 1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella-Parmesan cheese blend
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and return to the pot.
- In the meantime, place the sausage in a large sauté over medium-high heat and brown on all sides for about 10 minutes. Add the peppers to the pan and cook for an additional 7 minutes, stirring frequently, and then stir in the tomatoes and continue to cook the mixture for 2 minute more.
- Transfer the sausage mixture to the cooked pasta in the pot and toss well to combine with the shredded cheese blend. Serve immediately sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese.