- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Servings
This hearty stuffing pairs pork sausage with apples, celery, onions and walnuts to create a satisfying medley of flavors. For a spicier version, use Mexican sausage or Spanish Chorizo for additional flavor and heat.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 can (14-ounces) chicken broth (1-3/4 cups)
- 1 bag (14-ounces) country-style stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place the sausage in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until browned on all sides. Stir the butter, celery, onion and apple into the pan and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the mixture and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the stuffing and the chopped walnuts. Gently toss to combine and then serve immediately.