- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8
Sausage Squares are made with hot sausage and baked. Serve hot or cold.
- 1 pound hot sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Brown sausage and onion in skillet over low heat, stirring until crumbly. Drain sausage well. Add next 5 ingredients, mixing well.
- Mix Bisquick, milk and mayonnaise in bowl. Spread half the dough over bottom of greased 8 inch square baking pan. Cover with sausage mixture.
- Spread remaining dough over top. Brush with beaten egg yolk. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve hot or cold.