- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4
Pot pies are always a comfort on cold days, but these Sausage Pot Pies are good enough to eat anytime. With basic ingredients and a simple yet elegant presentation, your sure to find this recipe pleasing. Don't worry if you don't have personal sized casseroles, just use a regular size.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- In a large skillet, brown sausage, onion, and bell pepper till done.
- Add mushrooms and pizza sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into 4 personal sized, greased casserole dishes and top with cheese.
- Mix together Bisquick and boiling water to form a dough. Knead 10 times on floured surface.
- Divide dough into 4 balls, roll into discs and cover each casserole. Cut to vent.
- Bake Pot Pies at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.