- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr 10 min
- Total: 7 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A vegetable packed sausage minestrone slow cooker soup.
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2-1/2 cups butternut or acorn squash
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- Brown the sausage. Drain.
- Add the squash, potatoes, fennel, onion, beans, garlic and Italian seasoning to a greased slow cooker. Add the sausage over top, pour the broth and wine over. Cook covered for 7-9 hours on low.
- Mix in the spinach, cook for 10 more minutes.