- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A healthy, main dish dinner meal full of flavor and nutrients; use chicken or turkey sausage for an even leaner cut of protein.
- 1/2 pound hot or mild fresh Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 19-ounce cans white kidney beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups coarsely chopped escarole
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the sausage and the onion in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Skim off any fat with a spoon and then add the beans, chicken broth, wine and thyme. Stir to combine and then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve in shallow bowl sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.