- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
Rice Krispies form the crust for this delicious Sausage Casserole.
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies, 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice plus 1/2 cup raw
- 1, 8 ounce package Cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cook raw rice, drain well; set aside. Brown sausage and onion; drain off fat.
- Combine rice and sausage together in bowl.
- Grease 9 by 13 inch casserole dish and spread 2 cups cereal over bottom of dish; add layer of rice and sausage, then layer of shredded cheese.
- Cover with combined mixture of soup, eggs and milk. Top with 1/2 cup cereal. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.