- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
Make extra if you want, this recipe will freeze well.
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Remove sausage from casings, crumble meat in a skillet and saute until browned.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place meat in a crock pot.
- Add in beans and bacon.
- Add tomatoes, onion, brown sugar, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 3 - 4 hours on high stirring occasionally.