- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
Great combo! Sausage and Pepper Pizza is made easy with a bread dough crust.
- 1 pound loaf frozen plain bread dough, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausages
- 1, 15 ounce can tomato sauce with tomato bits
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 green pepper, halved, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Lightly oil one 14 inch round pizza pan; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Roll and stretch pizza dough to fit pan. Let rise 20 minutes.
- Remove sausages from casings; saute meat in skillet until no longer pink. Add tomato sauce; cook, stirring often, until juices have evaporated and mixture is almost dry, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Spread meat mixture over dough; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes. Arrange peppers and onions over top; sprinkle with Mozzarella. Return to oven. Bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.