- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
Sausage and Egg Souffle makes an "eggcellent" brunch or lunch dish.
- 1 pound pork sausage, crumbled, cooked, drained
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place six buttered slices of bread in bottom of lightly greased 9 by 13 inch pan. Sprinkle sausage evenly over the bread. Sprinkle cheese, 4 ounces, over sausage and bread.
- Cover with 6 more slices of buttered bread. Pour liquid mixture consisting of eggs, half and half, dry mustard and salt over this. Cover, place in refrigerator overnight.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 dgrees F for 40-50 minutes.