- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This hearty sausage, broccoli and pasta meal is delicious made with sweet Italian pork sausage but feel free to substitute it with the sausage or kielbasa of your choice. Serve accompanied with a bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio.
- 1-1/2 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 bag (about 16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups corkscrew-shaped pasta
- crushed red pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Place the sausage in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and brown on all sides. Add the onion and the garlic to the pan and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, then add the soup, milk, broccoli and 1/4 cup cheese and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook the mixture, covered, for 6 minutes and then add the pasta to the pan and toss well to coat. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining cheese and a pinch of red pepper.