- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Large button mushrooms are tossed with crispy, turkey bacon and then coated in a tangy mustard sauce in this flavorful side dish recipe. A wonderful accompaniment to roast chicken and turkey, use brown button mushrooms for an even earthier taste.
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound large button mushrooms (about 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped Italian parsley
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the bacon and cook for 6 minutes until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Crumble once cool enough to handle.
- Pour the olive oil into the same sauté pan the bacon was cooked in and then add the mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes and then cover the pan and cook for 9 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the bacon back to the pan and then stir in the mustard. Cook the mixture until heated through and then transfer to a serving bowl; serve immediately garnished with the fresh parsley.