- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 8
Saucy Herbed Chicken Breasts have a delicious yogurt sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fat free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and the vegetable oil in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan in the oven until melted. Place chicken in baking dish; turn to coat with butter mixture. Arrange chicken, skin sides up, in dish. Bake uncovered 1 hour, drain.
- Cook onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1/4 cup butter in 10 inch skillet until onion is tender; stir in wine. Stir cornstarch into water until smooth; stir into wine mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in yogurt, salt and tarragon leaves; pour over chicken. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to a warm platter. Stir sauce; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with additional tarragon leaves, if desired.