- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4
Made with brown rice, Santa Fe Style Stuffed Peppers are great for a family meal.
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 4 large green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 cup Monterey Jack and Colby cheese, shredded
- Prepare rice according to directions. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add meat and brown over medium heat; drain off excess fat. Stir in corn, salsa and rice.
- Pierce peppers with a fork or sharp knife; place in baking dish. Fill peppers with meat mixture. Cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese before serving.