- Prep: 1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
In central and southern Mexico, good-quality tequila is traditionally sipped with a fresh juice and spice blend that is called ‘Sangrita.’ This sweet and piquant mixture helps tame the fiery character of the tequila, and smooth its edges.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 ounces tequila (blanco or reposado)
- Place the lime juice, onion, hot sauce, seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Transfer the lime juice mixture to a pitcher and then stir in the tomato and orange juice. Place the Sangrita in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Pour the prepared Sangrita and tequila into 2 separate shot glasses, and alternate between sipping the two drinks.