- Prep: 2 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Sangria is usually made with a red wine base to which fruit juice is added. In this recipe, Cointreau and brandy are also blended into the mix to create a richer, more complex and potent beverage.
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces fresh orange juice, chilled
- 8 ounces Cointreau, chilled
- 8 ounces brandy, chilled
- 750ml bottle dry red wine, chilled
- Lemon wheel to garnish
- Place the sliced lemon, lime and orange into a large pitcher and sprinkle with the sugar. Muddle the ingredients together until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the orange juice, triple sec, brandy and red wine and stir the mixture well to combine. Place the sangria into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill.
- Stain the sangria and serve in wine glasses garnished with lemon wheels.