- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Sangria is a wine punch that was first created in Portugal but is now served all over the world. Fruity and sweet, it is served chilled with chopped pieces of fruit that float on the top.
- 1 can of frozen orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 12 ounces of brandy
- 36 ounces of red wine
- 1 tablespoon of bitters
- Garnish with a mix of chopped and cubed fruit (apples work well)
- Pour the lime, orange and lemon juice into a bowl and then add the brown sugar and frozen orange juice. Mix until sugar has totally dissolved.
- Pour in the bitters, the brandy and the red wine and continue to mix until well combined.
- Drop in the chopped fruit and chill in the refrigerator for at least a few hours before serving so flavors can meld.