- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6-8
Sand Tart Cookies go well with a nice cup of tea or hot chocolate.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecan halves finely ground
- Confectioner's sugar
- In a bowl cream butter until soft. Blend in sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour. Stir the pecans into the dough.
- Roll dough into small walnut sized balls and bake at 300 degrees F for 30-45 minutes or until light brown.
- While the cookies are still hot, roll them in confectioner's sugar. Cool. Roll in confectioner's sugar again.