- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: Makes about 1 cup
This delicious sweet and savory dessert glaze is delicious drizzled over cake or sugar cookies.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the butter into a small saucepan and melt over medium-low heat.
- Add both the sugars, stir to blend and then bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the whipping cream and return the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 2-1/2 minutes, stirring constantly, and then remove from the heat and add the salt.
- Cool the mixture completely before serving