- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 6 cups
These homemade croutons, flavored with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and thyme, are wonderful in soups, salads or even as a perfect little snack on their own.
- 6 cups stale bread cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bread cubes into a bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the salt, pepper and thyme. Gently toss to coat and then place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Put the bread cubes in the oven for 30 minutes, removing every 10 minutes to stir in order to ensure even cooking.