- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 90 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 6-8
This homey Salsa Topped Chilled Meatloaf is delicious any time of the year.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chilli sauce
- 1/3 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 1, 3 ounce can chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 pounds ground beef, lean
- 1 jar salsa, hot or mild
- Mix eggs, chili sauce, bread crumbs, mushrooms, horseradish, salt, pepper and thyme. Add beef and mix well.
- Press into 8 x 4x 2 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 90 minutes.
- Cover and chill. To serve, slice loaf and top with your choice of salsa.