- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Brought to you from Pillsbury Slow cooker recipes, January 2002.
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef top round steak, cut in 5 pieces
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 med. onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 med. green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Place steak in skillet; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until well browned, turning once.
- Transfer steak to 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Top with onion and bell pepper.
- In same skillet, combine soup and salsa; mix well. Pour over vegetables and steak.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove steak pieces from slow cooker and place on serving platter.
- Stir sauce well.
- Serve sauce with steak.