- Prep: 12 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 12 hr 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Salsa Picante can be used as a dip, taco sauce or a substitute to ranchero sauce when heated. For a significantly milder version, omit the jalapeno seeds from the salsa.
- One 10.75-ounce can tomato puree
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh jalapeño peppers with seeds
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Place all of the ingredients into a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool before transferring to a tightly-covered glass jar and placing in the refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to blend.