- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This delicious pasta dish is Italian made easy. Enjoy penne pasta, fresh tomatoes, Kalamata olives and grated Parmigiano Reggiano tossed in a zesty lemon and garlic dressing.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 medium red vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful fresh Basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1-1/2 tablespoons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the penne ‘al dente’ according to package directions, drain well and then return to the pot. Drizzle with 1-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and lightly toss to coat.
- Place the garlic, lemon juice, zest, vinegar, sugar and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl, and whisk vigorously to combine. Slowly pour in the oil and continue to whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Put the tomatoes, basil, olives and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl and toss to combine. Add the tomato mixture and the lemon dressing to the cooked pasta and toss well. Add the cheese, toss again to combine and then season the dish to taste with additional salt and pepper before serving.