- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Heart-healthy, pan-seared salmon is given an added ‘kick’ of flavor with the addition of a fennel and dill salsa.
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel (about 1/2 bulb, stalks trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 equally-sized portions
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the tomato, fennel, onion, dill, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan for 40 seconds over high heat, and then add the salmon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the salmon over and remove the pan from the heat. Let the salmon stand for an additional 5 minutes in the pan, and then transfer to 4 dinner plates.
- Spoon the salsa over the salmon and serve immediately.