- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Face The Fats program. Recipe copyright Â© 2007 by the American Heart Association.
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- Cilantro Pesto
- Cooking spray (optional)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, process the pesto ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds, or until slightly chunky.
- Place the fillets about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Spread the pesto evenly over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.