- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A satisfyingly full and complex blend of flavors from the combination of rich salmon, spicy Andouille sausage and salty green olives makes this a unique and delectable dish.
- 1 4-ounce link of andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets, preferably wild salmon
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place a small sauté pan over high heat, add the sausage and cook for 1 minute. Remove the sausage from the pan, place in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once the sausage has reached room temperature, toss well with the olives, butter and shallot.
- In the meantime, prepare a grill on high heat.
- Brush the salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil and then sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Place the fish onto the grill and cook for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the salmon onto serving plates, top with the sausage mixture and serve immediately.